1. Wait a full 72 hours (3 days) post hair colour before washing your hair. Give your hair a chance to simmer back down and settle into it’s new tone before sudsing up.
2. Wash your hair in cold water.
3. Use a professional, colour safe shampoo and conditioner. (We love Olaplex #4 and #5 as well as Evo hair Ritual Salvation or Therapist… when in doubt, ask your stylist for a recommendation.)
4. Wash your hair less. 2-3 washes/week is more then enough. Professional dry shampoo will be your friend to help avoid extra washes.
Fun Fact: the more you wash your hair, the faster it will become “oily”… your body is conditioned to produce oil when it is lacking.. so the more you remove the oil, the faster your body will produce it.
5. Use a customized coloured conditioner. If you have a high maintenance colour or a signature tone, let’s send you home with your new best friend! You can literally refresh or boost your own colour at home with Fabuloso and Fabuloso Pro pigmented conditioners.
6. No Swimming! Chlorine can really “F” with your hair colour. If you have to take a dip, try a swim cap… oooor put conditioner on damp hair and tie it up in a tight knot or braid to help reduce the chlorine intake.